Simple Ingredients & Recipe:
- Half a cup of flour
- Half a cup of fat (butter or bacon fat)
- Teaspoon of Cajun seasoning
- Combine butter and fat over medium heat, CONSTANTLY mixing until dark caramel color. When it gets to right color, remove from heat and set aside.
- Cut up a few stalks of green onions
- 1 to 2 red and green bell peppers cut into small pieces
- One half of an onion cut into small pieces
- 2 cups of rice and bring to a boil until rice is soft
- Country Pleasin’ Smoked Andouille Sausage cut into half moons or fourths and cook in a skillet until it is warm, leave the grease and remove from heat
- Add half a stick of butter and minced garlic to the grease
- Already peeled shrimp (however much you want) and add 2 tablespoons of Cajun seasoning to the shrimp. Cook until the shrimp are good and done.
- In a large pot, combine the roux, skillet of cooked shrimp, sausage, remaining vegetables, 3 bay leaves, a tablespoon of oregano, salt and pepper to taste, 3 cups of chicken broth, and one cup of water.
- Bring to a boil, while constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat and let simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Serve it over a bed of your cooked rice or potato salad and there you have it!